Hair Biz

Caress' Hair Care journal

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Trade Secret

So, I visited Trade Secret today for the second time this year. The first time, I got a touch-up and trim. That lady was very friendly and did a good job of asking about my hair's history and letting me know what she was going to do. She even knew the difference between a trim and a cut. However, she moved slowly when appying the relaxer and underprocessed my hair. Then, it seemed like she was having a hard time rinsing the relaxer out. No burns though!! Lastly, she used a flatiron and Matrix Sleek.look Iron Smoother to straighten my roots. Because the Iron Smoother is a liquid based product, I could feel the steam on my scalp and it burned a bit. Stil,l I felt like I could probably work with her because she seemed conscientous and communicated with me very well.

I had planned on going back to her to give her one more chance but another hairdresser was there today. She asked me about my hair's history as well. She, too, knew the difference between a cut and a trim. She moved fairly quickly through my hair as she gave me a touch-up. There was a bit of tingling near the end but no burns. My roots straightened very well. Thing is, I have some underprocessed sections of hair from before my dealings with Trade Secret. So you have to be careful when combing m hair. She wasn't as gentle with my hair as I would have liked but she was ok. She, then, put me under the dryer to "pre-dry".

During this time, she finished up with her previous client. Then she blew the rest of my hair dry with a blowdryer and also straightened it further. Then, she gave me a trim. She noticed a section in the back of my head that was experiencing breakage and asked me if I wanted to even up the rest of my hair, which was longer, with this section. I told her no so she just trimmed it all. Then, she took a curling iron and turned my ends under. She was better than the last hairdresser and I think I'll go back to her again. Since she was unfamiliar with my hair, I figure, she can only get better as she gets to know me and my hair.

Ok change of subject... I have some new product reviews since the last time I posted. I'll share them as soon as I get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home