Hair Biz

Caress' Hair Care journal

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Not AGAIN!

Well I got my touch-up. It's been 9 weeks since the last one. I usually wait longer but my hair was getting really unmanageable with my damaged ends and the hot and humid weather. I went back to Trade Secret and saw the same hairdresser as the last time.

First, she was about 10 or 15 minutes late but I was ok with that. So she bases my scalp with oil sheen and as she's doing it I can feel the comb graze my scalp at least 5 times. I say to myself that it's going to burn later. Anyway, she proceeds to give me my touch-up. She's moving pretty fast, like the last time. And sure enough, it starts to burn in that area as well as another sensitive area of my scalp (which wasn't surprising).

She asks me did I brush or comb my hair this morning. I tell her no, not really. I only used a brush to smooth the top of my hair and it didn't touch my scalp. I should have told her no, only when you did! Then she mentions that maybe if I based my scalp with Vaseline this morning it caused the burning. BS! I did base my edges with Vaseline but that would prevent burning, not cause it.

If it's my fault it's because I washed my hair 4 days ago. But I don't think I caused this at all. ANYWAY, she asks if I want a trim and I tell her yes. To make a long story short, it looks like she may have cut a bit more off than I wanted her to. Oh well. I needed a major cut anyway. I was just trying to cut it slightly more gradually. I hope my boyfriend is ok with it... not that I need his ok.

Oh, another peeve of mine is that she cut long bangs into my hair the last time that I didn't want. She trimmed them this time. I guess I should have told her not too. I never asked for them!

Now I feel like I have to find another hairdresser, as overwhelming as that can be for me. If not, I could probably make sure that I don't wash my hair too close to touch-up time. I also need to speak up more about what my hair length goals are. on the other hand, I could go to the 1st hairdresser that I saw at Trade Secret. Only thing is, she just did not seem to relax my hair fast enough. I wonder if she used a stronger strength would the results be much better?

Oh, I forgot to mention that a girl walked in as I was about to get my touch-up, today. She asks if she can get a touch-up and be out by a certain time because she's traveling later today. The hairdresser agrees to and she asks me can she style her hair before mine. I agree so it's my fault but had hoped to be out of there sooner. Still, I was there for about 3 hours which is not bad considering other people's salon experiences.

I wound up with a bob that just touches my collar bone. I guess I just need to look at this as a fresh start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home