Hair Biz

Caress' Hair Care journal

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

2 weeks later

My hairstyle lasted 2 weeks! It could have lasted longer but my scalp was getting dirty and I was itching to wash my hair. So I started by shampooing with Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo, followed by Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, and then I conditioned with Alberto VO5 Extra Body Conditioner. After rinsing this out I conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and a little Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner on my ends. Don't ask me why I used both.

Anyway, after rinsing that out I towel-dried my hair and applied some Joico K-Pak Leave-In Protectant and Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser on my hair. The Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser counteracted the tangles that Joico K-Pak Leave-In Protectant usually produces. I combed through my hair and divided it into 4 sections. Then, to blowdry my hair, I'd hold the dryer about 8 inches from my hair, aiming it at the section I was working on, allowing it to dry some without using the dryer's comb attachment. Then I'd go in and blowdry mainly the roots with the comb attachment. My hair was left "poofy but dry.

I went to bed with my satin scarf on and this morning I curled my hair using more Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser and Paul Mitchel Heat Seal. My hair was kind of dry looking (meaning not shiny) and it was not as sleek as I like it to be. Still it looked nice enough.

It rained a bit today and it is humid outside but my hair held it's curl. My hair is "big" but it's still curled... Not the best look but certainly not the worse. I just wish I could pinpoint what product(s) help maintain the curl. The Paul Mitchel Heat Seal is supposed to resist humidy so it could be that but the Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser is a serum and that may have helped too.

I know this sounds crazy but I wish I could go back to the last hairdresser I went to (See Woe is me!). She did a great job with styling my hair and it lasted two weeks. My hair was extremely manageable and I was told it looked healthy. I know she used Paul Mitchell products. I'll have to investigate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home