Hair Biz

Caress' Hair Care journal

Sunday, November 27, 2005

At last!

I washed my hair last Tuesday and was very pleased with the results. At last! For about a month before that my hair had been kind of rough and dry. So here's what I did:

1. Washed with VO5 Kiwi & Lime Squeeze a clarifying shampoo.
2. Followed with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.
3. Conditioned with Redken Extreme Deep Fuel.
4. Followed up with Kenra Intensive Emollient for moisture and Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner, mostly on the ends.
5. Used Rusk Sensories Smoother Passionflower & Aloe Leave-in Texturizing Conditioner which, if I haven't mentioned before, is great for detangling and softening my hair. It's great when you have a good amount of new growth but haven't gotten a relaxer touch-up.

After it was all said and done, my hair was very soft, detangled, and looked healthier though I know there's only so much that products can do. Here's what I did as far as styling:

1. Sectioned my hair into 4 sections, parting from ear to ear and forehead to nape.
2. Added Rusk Smoother to each section.
3. Combed each section from root to tip.
4. Allowed the hair to dry a bit on it's own.
5. Blew each section dry with a blowdryer and comb attachment.
6. Put some Shea butter in my hair for emolliency.
7. Flatironed the roots and a underprocessed section of hair closer to my ends.
8. Rolled up my hair with sponge rollers.

My hair hasn't felt this good in a while. My uncle's wife had to touch it when I was up at their house for Thanksgiving dinner. She felt my roots too. She was ALL up in my hair. I think she may have been looking for tracks. Nope, no tracks.

My hair's maybe an inch or so past my collarbone. I hope to be back to my longest length before that lady at Trade Secret cut my hair. It was on it's way to bra strap length. Somehow the inch that I asked to have cut translated into 3 inches. After her and another stylist, I'm still searching for someone.

27 y/o in Philly iso good listener that is not scissor happy and will treat my hair as her own. If you find her, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home