Hair Biz

Caress' Hair Care journal

Monday, March 13, 2006

Touch-up after God-knows-how-many months

Well, finally after I don’t know how many months, I got my touch up. This was last Tuesday, March 7, 2006. I just walked in to a salon that I had been to years before. I was seen by a REALLY young stylist. She did a satisfactory job—She based my scalp and she moved through my hair fast enough as she was applying the relaxer. She did comb the relaxer in instead of just smoothing it with her hands or the back of the comb. She wouldn’t be the first though. She must not have used the same strength as other stylists have used on my hair. It seems like she was trying to leave the relaxer in longer because it was not as straight as she hoped. I have a tiny bit of reversion around my edges but for the most part my hair is staying straight. When I wash it my self, I’ll get to see the true state of my hair.

Anyway, after washing and conditioning my hair she combed my hair down and put me under the dryer for a short period of time and then she blew my hair dry on a low setting. Then, she used a flatiron to straighten my hair and bump my ends. The total time that I was in the salon was a little over an hour! I don’t think I’ll return to her but she wasn’t bad at all. She took her time and was pretty gentle with my hair. I wish she had rinse my hair a little longer at times but that is something that I’m such a stickler about. The salon is called Paradise Hair Salon (formerly FranJenLene’s) and is located at the Cheltenham Square Mall in Cheltenham, PA.

I plan on going to Xquisite Hair Design at Cedarbrook Plaza where I will make an appointment with Anika Richardson. I was told that she is really into healthy hair care. I’m skeptical because their website says she has had her license for only 4 years. Stay tuned…

2 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do'T worry Anika is very talented. I have been to the salon when she was doing Renee Chenault Fatah's hair and Mayor Street's wife's hair.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger caress said…

    I just wanted to say that I have yet to try the salon but I intend to do so really soon. I expect that I'll have a good experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home